Monday 30 March 2015

Easter , Chocolate, Hot Cross Buns and a Precious Gift - What does it mean to You ?

I remember the first time I saw this painting by Salvador Dali I was blown away. It is titled Christ of Saint John of the Cross and I think it is amazing. My husband showed me this picture a long time ago and I could not believe this was someone's dream, it is amazing. Salvador Dali had a dream and he painted what he dreamt, which is pretty extraordinary when you think about it.

I wanted to write today about what Easter means to me and why I love celebrating it. I really don't need to write much more as the image says it all and that is pretty awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate and hot cross buns (gluten free) and the Royal Easter Show and getting together and sharing a meal. I really do love all that but I never want any of those things to overshadow the true meaning of why we celebrate it and the immense gift that was given to us that day he died for us.

How many of you will be popping some delicious chocolate in your mouth or munching down some buttered hot cross buns? How many of you will be going to the Easter show and enjoying the hustle and bustle of the crowd and the smells of the Easter show (animals, food, more animals hahaha). How many will be purchasing all their food ready to make a delicious feast on Easter day? Me too, I will be doing most of these things except not going to the show this year but I still love reading about it and hearing people's fun stories of their day at the show. How many of you will be getting to a church service and actually thinking about why we are celebrating Easter? Whether it is Good Friday or Easter Sunday it is all a celebration of a wonderful selfless gift that is undeserved by all of us but that is the beauty, isn't it? This wonderful gift of salvation and eternal life.

Easter to me is the most beautiful gift of love and I hope you all get to share this wonderful gift wherever you are in the world and yes enjoy a little chocky as well. Enjoy the show, the food and getting together with family and friends and eating some hot cross buns and by the way my second attempt turned out pretty good for gluten free hot cross buns (photo is below), and I look forward to making them for Easter this week. So enjoy all the fun things about Easter, including the public holidays but try if you can to remember why we celebrate it in the first place and if you have never read the story, it's a pretty awesome read and you can find it in Luke 23: 26-56 and Luke 24:1-49 NIV.

                                                          Happy Easter Everyone







8 comments:

  1. Brilliant post, and I've always loved the Dali painting..such an intriguing vantage post.
    Rich
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey am glad you enjoyed the post and yes what an amazing painting it is and very intriguing indeed xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Happy Easter Carolyn to you and your family :-)

      Delete
  3. Great post it really made me think about things. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks heaps glad you enjoyed the post. Happy easter to you as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter! We hope you'll have a wonderfull day together with your family. Greetings to Unle Richard, Alana and your Mum!
    Nynke & Steven

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Nynke and Steven we hope you and all your family have a wonderful time celebrating Easter. Love to Everyone in both your family , enjoy some chocolate , we miss you and everyone. Love Lisa, Richard and Alana and Liz ( Mum) xx

    ReplyDelete