Wednesday 13 May 2015

Family, celebrations and Almond, lemon and coconut cake with Apricots and vanilla syrup


This last month or so has been so busy it has flown. It seems April was filled with celebration after celebration and now May is the same, but that's good busy and there is nothing I love more that celebrating with the ones I love and care for. Birthday after birthday and Easter and Mother's day was thrown in there as well.

First it was Easter and then my birthday being celebrated in April and, because I couldn't catch up with everyone at the same time, the celebrations went on for about three weeks, which was pretty O.K in my book. Then we celebrated my Mum's 75th birthday and Mother's day, both of them on Mother's day which was pretty special for my mum. It was lovely to cook a yummy lunch for everyone and help celebrate.

The next birthday coming up is my husband's and it's a big one as it's his 50th birthday so we thought a party was in order and so I've been organising all the things that go in to making a party special.

I adore celebrating with the people I love and care about and can't wait to celebrate with my husband and all our family and friends. In fact, it will be a very special night as his mum, brother and two sisters are flying over from Holland so he will be getting the best present ever.

One of the things I really enjoyed making recently was my mum's birthday cake which was an   Almond, lemon and coconut cake with Apricots and vanilla syrup and it was divine. I have added a photo of it with this post and look forward to sharing the recipe in the near future.

Well, if any of you out there are celebrating anything special, whether it be big or small I hope you all have a wonderful time and enjoy every single moment.

4 comments:

  1. So much joy in this post, just love it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, yes a lot of joy in this post. Feeling very blessed :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow, lots of big events are happening! It is pretty exciting that the family is flying over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's so exciting Rich's family is coming all the way from Holland, we can't wait to see them and you get to meet them at the party. Should be a great night . :-)

      Delete