Tuesday 24 November 2015

Deck the halls part two -Feeling festive and in the giving mood? Here is an additional recipe to feed your brood


                 

Well here we are, the very next day and I am already posting another recipe. I was asked if the recipe I posted yesterday was my original shortbread recipe and I advised it wasn’t. The reader would have loved my original recipe as she enjoyed eating it (we worked together a few years ago).

So without further ado, here is my original shortbread recipe. Remember: this recipe uses regular plain flour so it does have gluten but you can substitute the plain flour for gluten free plain flour and it works just as well.


Lisa’s original buttery shortbread

Pre heat oven to 150oC
Grease and line either a slice tin or baking tray depending on what shape you want your shortbread.

Ingredients:
2 cups of plain flour-sifted
½ cup rice flour-sifted
250 grams of butter (I use salt reduced) soft/ room temp
1/3 cup castor sugar

Method:
In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until mixed well together (almost creamed but not quite).
Add both flours a little at a time (2-3 spoonful’s) to butter sugar mixture, beat/mix in-between adding the flours until all the flour is mixed in well.

Gently knead dough on a floured surface for about a minute and then gently press into greased and lined slice tin (if you want little squares or fingers). If you want a round shortbread flatten out and shape with your hands and place on a greased and lined baking tray. With a knife I lightly make straight lines (across and lengthways) and then prick lightly with a fork as I like the look of this on the finished product.

Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, check and if they are not cooked enough then cook for an additional 5 mins. I like my shortbread to have a little colour, not a lot and they should be firm but not rock hard when they come out of the oven.

Let them cool for 10 minutes and then cut in to fingers or triangles. I find the knife slides easily while still hot/warm.
Cool on wire rack

Enjoy


2 comments:

  1. Seems delicious, must try my hand at this one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hope you enjoy baking them and eating them as they are delicious :-)

      Delete