Thursday 3 December 2015

Deck the halls - week two

          
                                
Well as Christmas draws nearer I can’t stop thinking about the things I like to make and give as gifts to people. Last week I shared with you both of my shortbread recipes and this week I thought I would share my rocky road recipe. Rocky road makes a lovely delicious gift and I haven’t met anyone yet who doesn’t like it. Now my rocky road is not as traditional as it doesn’t have glace' cherries in it as I am not keen on them so I improvise with a few surprises, which work really well.

Remember to keep the rocky road in the fridge until your ready to gift it to someone and remember to tell them to keep it in the fridge as well (if there are any leftovers but I think there won’t be).



Christmas Rocky Road

Grease and line a slice tin

Ingredients:
400 grams dark chocolate (you can use milk but I like dark)
200 grams white and pink marshmallows chopped (I used gluten free)
¼ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup chopped pistachio nuts or chopped macadamia nuts (or half of each)
½ cup dried cranberries


Method:
Melt chocolate in a bain-marie or what I used which was a stainless steel bowl sitting over a pot of simmering water.

While chocolate is melting chop marshmallows in to medium chunks and also chop up nuts.

When chocolate has melted place all the chopped nuts, marshmallows and cranberries in to the stainless steel bowl and mix well.

Pour out on to greased and lined slice tin and spread out evenly and place in the fridge for 2-3 hours and when set cut up into chunks and if you are giving as a gift place in cellophane bags and tie with ribbon.

Enjoy.


Note: Allergen advice- this recipe does have nuts and coconut

© Lisa Maree van der Draay 2015. Except as provided by the Copyright Act 1968, no part of this publication may be reproduced, communicated to the public without the prior written permission of the publisher.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, they are pretty yummy. I hope you enjoy them if you make them :-)

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmm... looks yummy. Chris. xo. ☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine I hope you enjoy them if you make it x :-)

      Delete