Wednesday 28 January 2015

Pain, forgiveness and Citrus Berry slice

                               

Relationships are hard work in whatever shape or form they may be but at the end of the day if the person means a lot to us then they are worth it. Today I had the privilege of catching up with a very old friend, one I hadn't seen for some time. It was great to talk and clear the air and understand each other and know that we both still cared about each other very much. That's the beauty of good friends, at the end of the day they can move past the pain but it is important that whatever pain there was or is still there, it is not minimised in any way.

Which brings me to forgiveness, what a word that is. It seems to hold so much power but in actual fact it is us that hold the power to forgive someone or ourselves and let go of the pain. I am just learning about this now (and not a moment too soon I can tell you). Carrying around anger and pain does terrible things to one's body and it's not pretty, so I am glad I can put that to rest now and feel at peace.

Catching up with a friend is lovely but catching up with a friend and sharing delicious home made citrus berry slice is much better... in fact it is wonderful (and a little bit naughty).

1 comment:

  1. Amazing looking slice! And loving your wise words on friendship and forgiveness..

    ReplyDelete