Friday 30 January 2015

Family, love, exhaustion and roast pumpkin soup


This week has been such a full week, a week of many good things and also new things but a good week. It is the week I created two new recipes for my cook book I am writting. It is also the week I started my volunteer work which I love, there is something about doing something for someone and not expecting anything in return that is so nice      (warm fuzzy feeling inside). It is the week where a friendship was rekindled and who knows may be strengthened again in time. It is also the week I started this blog to diarize my journey in life and also to share my passion for cooking and some recipes along the way.

I think the fact that this week had so many firsts and also things that were big emotionally that last night exhaustion set in and by nine o'clock I was bushed. It was lovely to spend time with my husband and my daughter who came to have dinner and stay over and see us and I think by the look of us all after dinner the lounge and a DVD looked pretty good at that point.

Spending time with my family is so precious to me and I am grateful for all that I have and never take it for granted. I was able to cook us all a beautiful dinner ( stuffed mushrooms ) and also made the most amazing roast pumkin soup which we enjoyed a bit of today. I feel very blessed at the moment being able to let loose on my creativity with my cooking and having a loving and supportive family spurring me on is the icing on the cake ( gluten free of course hahaha).

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting your blog. Looking forward to the end result in your cook book! Catch up soon, Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on starting your blog. Looking forward to the end result in your cook book! Catch up soon, Helene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great timing Lisa! I have just been trying to think of a way of getting more veggies in my diet. I will be making some soup tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Helene will publish some recipes soon :-)

    Great Carolyn let me know what soup you ended up making, happy cooking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great starting your own blog...good on you...I'm not a cooker , Marcel cooks all the time but I'll give him som of your recipes. sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks heaps Sandra and yes give Marcel the recipes as he will enjoy them.If you look at the recent post I published it has a nice frittata recipe you will both enjoy.I hope you are both well, love too you both xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete