Sunday 1 February 2015

Health, cooking and more cooking (and no guilt)


Today is day three of me battling bad sinus, I don't know if any of you have ever had bad sinus but it is so painful at times that all you can do is take paracetamol, wash your face, take antihistamines, take more paracetamol. I also turn to natural therapy e.g vitamins and loads of fresh ginger and lemon in water
(hot or cold) but sometimes time is the best healer regarding colds, sinus or headaches.

So I did what I always love to do when I get sick: I cook. Yep I love to cook whether I am well, unwell, happy or sad, cooking just is a wonderful creative release for me. I did a lot of cooking today and not too much of anything else (no housework at all). I made my delicious spicy vegetable soup as I always have soup in the freezer no matter what time of the year it is. I also made my banana, date, buckwheat and quinoa bread and I made my super foods muesli bar with craisins and almonds, yummo!

Which brings me to the no guilt part of this post, I finally do not feel guilty if I am unwell and do nothing, no cleaning, no beds, no washing, no ironing, no nothing just cooking. It has taken me a very long time to not feel guilty or should I say I usually feel guilty and I might add have done so since I was little, as it was unheard of anyone relaxing in the family home as you had to be doing something in order for everything to be o.k. But, today I can honestly say I am learning the true art of relaxation and am thoroughly loving it. I can thank my gorgeous husband for teaching me how to relax and to not feel guilty (thank you, thank you, thank you).

2 comments: